Another tasty, easy and quick treat idea perfect for gifts or a simple but effective party food, why not try this!?
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 240g of Plain Flour
- 250g of Unsalted Butter
- Biscuits Cutters
- Rolling Pin
- Grease proof Paper
- Baking Trays
To decorate you can use anything, we used icing sugar and ground cinnamon to create a Christmas twist to our biscuits.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150OC
- Using grease proof paper, line 2 baking trays
- Beat the butter with a spatula until smooth and soft
- Add in the sugar and flour and mix together until a soft dough mixture
- Knead the dough mixture until sticking together
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Add some flour to a clean worktop and place the dough on top
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough mixture until 1cm thick
- Using your shape cutters place in the dough and move to the baking trays
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until a light golden colour
- Then leave to cool for 5 minutes and then your shortbread biscuits are ready
We used gingerbread men and Christmas tree biscuits cutter shapes which were a little small so when our biscuits grew in the oven they lost their shape a little. They did taste delicious and the right mix of ingredients. We decorated ours using icing sugar and a little mix of ground cinnamon which gave the biscuits a nice kick and flavour.
This is an easy and cheap recipe to pass sometime or make a lovely tasty treat for family or work.
Thank you for reading and we would love to see your creations.
The World Is Your Oyster🌍